Friday, 21 February 2014

Spring 2014 Beauty Trends





Sheer Shadow - Hot Lips - Raw Beauty
Image Source

I woke up this morning to bright sunshine and blue skies which automatically put me in a really great mood (even though I was feeling the tiniest bit hungover). This can only mean one thing, surely? Is Spring on the way?!

As much as I moan about the rain and the cold, I do love living in a country where we have all the different seasons. There's always something to look forward to whether that be pastels and florals hitting the shops again for Spring, lazy BBQs at the beach in the Summer, pumpkin spice lattes at Autumn time, or getting cosy by the fire in Winter. I love 'em all.

Today, however, it's Spring 2014 beauty trends that I'm getting excited about. Spring always comes with that fresh overhaul feeling, and I've decided to sort through my make up and pack away my Autumn / Winter bits and start picking out products that will be more suited for the coming season. Gone with the deep burgundy lipsticks, and in with the pastels! Hoorah!

I've chosen my favourite looks from a list of top SS14 beauty trends by Vogue, and shown you how I will be wearing the trends myself over the coming months. 

Sheer Shadow
Nars Sheer Glow foundation - L'Oreal lumi magique highlighting pen - Mac 'Cranberry' shadow - Revlon lip butter 'Wild Watermelon' - Benefit brow zings - Maybelline 'the falsies' mascara 

Hot Lips
Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation - Collection lasting perfection concealer - Sleek contour kit highlighter - Revlon colourburst matte balm 'unapologetic'  - Urban decay 'naked' and 'buck' eyeshadows - Rimmel 'Scandaleyes' mascara - Benefit brow zings

Raw Beauty
L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint foundation - Collection Lasting Perfectiong concealer - Maybelline Brow Drama - Sleek contour kit - Topshop 'Beatnik' lipstick - L'Oreal 'Manga' mascara
I hope you enjoyed this little beauty post - let me know which looks you will be sporting this Spring!

Sarah...x

13 comments:

Chelsea Leigh said...

Love the bright lips!

http://www.chelsealeigh.ca/

Liz Caruso said...

Love how you've tried out the looks on yourself for this post! That makes it seem a lot more relatable and translatable to real-life daily beauty looks :) I'm definitely excited to bust out my bright lipsticks again.

xo, Liz
www.casualconcern.com

Justine J said...

I think I will be wearing bold lipsticks this Spring! I love the way such make up looks like! xx

Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

Ellie said...

You are so gorgeous! Love the hot lips :)

Zandra May said...

Love all these makeup trends! Think raw beauty edges it for me though, it's the strong contouring!

Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

The Style Rawr said...

Raw beauty is definitely my favourite - you don't need any make up!

Tara xo

Francesca Giagnorio said...

My favorite beauty trend is raw beauty, I think that the make up is really beautiful and luminous
kisses

Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it

Sharlotte. said...

I've got my eyes set on MAC's cranberry eyeshadow- it's such a pretty colour!

Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

Jasmine ClothingUK said...

you look beautiful

cheap dresses

Mel Davies said...

What an awesome post - I loved reading this! I've always been a fan of bold lips so I'm forever wearing that trend, but I am loving the sheer eyeshadow look! especially with cranberry - it's gorgeous :)

lillies and lipbalm

A Stitch To Wear said...

Love this! You really suit the pink lips x

Kate said...

Love the bright lips! x

underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

MD said...

I've really been wanting to get out of my comfort zone and sport hot lips! I've been accumulating amazing shades of gloss and lipstick and it's now time to put them to use!

xo http://byourbself.blogspot.ca/

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!